The Golden Lake

The Golden Lake
Langano

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Easy Sunday :)

The weather was terrible this morning. It rained all night and it was still raining in the morning.I no longer like the rainy season. Before, I did not like the rain, because i hate to get wet, but I liked the rainy season. It used to reminde me, all over again, that I was only human, in a wierd way. It used to make me tender.

When it rained I longed for many things...for a beautiful place, warmth and a tight embrace around me...and I was at peace with the fact that I had longings. And I did not have to be my barve confident self who was always on guard.We all know that some moments trembele us even if we present a strong facade.

Any way, this Sunday I realized that my Sunday habits have changed over the years. Till I was seven, sundays were early church going days with grandma. She does that to this day and I am nearing thirty :)Then, that habit followed me even when my parents moved. For several years to come, they only woke up form sleep when I came back form Sunday mass. Then the more I got close to the church the more it did not make sense. Now I no longer go there, not on Sundays, not on holidays, only when I feel like it. It was a slow process though.

Funny enough when I decided to spend Sunday mornings sleeping in, mom suddenly woke up to the importance of going to church on Sundays :)So now, we switched. She woke us up when she came back from mass. For several years more including college, Sunday mornings I never got up before 10 am. Till I moved out.

Because then Sundays became family visiting days. And if I am not there by 10 am, I would get several messages and calls threatning they will start the morning coffee with out me. I never failed because I love the coffee ceremony with my parents and sisters. Feels great to have made it even if I have not been there all week. Till today...

Today, I did not feel that bad for not making it by 10 am. It was a rainy Sunday morning and I was somewhere warm. This Sunday was made easy for me somewhere else. Not thier place, not my place, but his place....he made breakfast :) Well, not exactly....he set off with that mission but got lost somewhere between the kitchen and the dinning table where his laptop was sitting.....I had to help.Still....

No comments:

Post a Comment